Staff Technical Project Manager
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Technical Project Manager
San Diego, California
Drive the overall direction and management of global IT projects individually or through designated Project Managers, ensuring adherence to department standard processes and procedures. Guide the project team through the profiling and analysis of projects to identify and plan for services that must be provided.
Deliver large, very sophisticated, globally impacting programs and projects which may last several years. These projects may involve highly complex interrelationships within the organization.
Lead and cultivate the organization’s relationship with internal customers or other executive partners and vendors. Understand the customer’s business objectives and assist them in achieving those goals.
Work with other Project Managers in the Project Management Office through the project lifecycle. Provide daily oversight of activities and results.
Assist the PM Team in establishing policies and guidelines
- Demonstrated success as a senior-level Project Manager, showing a track record of delivering large, complex projects/programs under budget and on schedule. Strong communication, leadership, facilitation, mentoring and personnel management skills, especially in a matrix organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with people at all levels. Empathy for the customer and understanding of customer service approaches. Ability to build teams and empower individuals and groups.
- Strong English language verbal presentation and written communication skills, with an understanding of cross-cultural issues sufficient to tailor the language and scope of communication depending upon the recipient’s target country. (Ex., European versus Japanese versus American). Bi-lingual in Japanese desired but not required.
- Must have knowledge of industry standard methodologies for project management, software engineering and business processes, such as: Project Management Institute methodology (PMI’s PMBOK), Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) or
- Agile Project Management. Desire to learn new project management philosophies and strategies. Formal Project Management Certification is desired but not required.
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills. Must have computer science knowledge adequate to understand and communicate interactions among sophisticated computer systems in business terms.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and translate those into services or solutions and develop associated plans for delivery. Ability to express sophisticated technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, to diverse groups of people.
- Proficient in MS Visio, MS-Project or Project Server, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Prioritize multiple tasks. Work independently and deliver a consistent high level of performance. Develop practical responses to issues where there is no clear precedent.
- Build and maintain project plans and budgets and run in concert with line management to deliver projects on time and on budget. 6-10 years of project management experience.
- Reports to Sr. Manager, Technical Project Management
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.