Staff Software Engineer - Wild Rift, Client
8 days ago
Riot software engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas, and we also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains.
As the Technical Lead for the League of Legends: Wild Rift, Tech Vertical Client , you will report to the Engineering Manager. You will oversee the game client’s technical direction for a globally scalable, highly available, secure, cross-platform game as a service, driving efforts with our primary development partners across the globe. Cross-group collaboration is essential, and some amount of travel will be required.
Tech leads, at Riot, are often called on to help with the last mile for a project by being hands-on writing code. As such, we require recent coding experience and a desire to be in the details.
For more information on Wild Rift click here ! This role requires some amount of travel (~1 week every 8 weeks)
- Set your team’s technical direction
- Lead and contribute to technical design and implementation, using your broad knowledge to guide tough technical decision-making
- Have a deep hands-on understanding of, and be accountable for, the quality and maintainability of your team’s code-base
- Ensure adherence to global privacy and security standards
- Set clear work expectations for your team and uphold quality standards
- Work with large sets of varying requirements and driving decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Drive collaboration and understanding of cross-disciplinary, globally dispersed, multicultural teams
- Mentor and coach to lift the expertise of the engineering team
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering, with broad theoretical knowledge and practical application of Software
- Experience as a Technical Leader with the ability to set technical vision
- Experience with large-scale client development with C#/Unity (Lead and individual contributor)
- Experience shipping a game on mobile or console
- Deep experience in at least one game client technology (Graphics, Animation, Physics, or Client Networking…)
- Experience performing Technical design evaluation, review and RFCs process
- Expertise with C# or C++
- Experience working on and supporting a Game as a Service (journey from production to ship and beyond)
- Experience shipping on multiple platforms, or cross-platform console games (XBox, PS, Switch, or mobile)
- Mandarin language fluency would be great
- Experience working with globally dispersed engineering teams
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit , and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).