This job might no longer be available.
Staff Software Engineer, Unreal Engine 4 (SDK)
1 year ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The primary responsibility of a Staff Software Engineer on the SDK team is to define and implement the Unreal interface for Magic Leap’s exposed platform functionality. The qualified candidate will be a self-starter able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Architect Unreal 4 integrations of APIs and features comprising the SDK
- Elegantly expose platform functionality within the Unreal engine
- Actively engage and enable developers using the SDK
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Act as a mentor and subject matter expert within their team, their department, and the company as a whole
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure highest code quality
- 7 to 10 years experience working on software products
- 4 to 7 years experience with Unreal 4 source code and working with Epic
- AR/VR/MR experience
- Expert level C++ in a production environment
- Experience with API design and SDK architecture
- Experience with OpenGL and Vulkan
- Experience with mobile software development
- Experience with Android Open Source toolchains, techniques, and native libraries.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.