Staff Software Engineer, Product Architecture
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Software Engineer, Product Architecture
At Sony PlayStation Future Technology Group (FTG), we're leading the revolution in gaming as we push the boundaries of what's possible! Are you looking to use your skills, time, and passion for meaningful projects to build the future of gaming? We're looking for a Systems Architect with proven experience in modern cloud architectures and software delivery and loves crafting efficient, flexible and low friction cloud solutions to build, release and deliver software. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us deliver a unique gaming experience to millions of players!
The job will entail architecting for both private cloud and AWS cloud in a hybrid cloud environment, in addition to facilitating migrating on-premise private cloud applications and services over into the AWS Cloud. The candidate should have proven experience in designing and implementing systems on AWS cloud and private clouds as well as experience with distributed microservice architectures.
- Architecting, designing and implementation of systems running on both hybrid private cloud and AWS cloud managed and unmanaged services
- Collaborating closely with many internals teams to help support their migrations and integrations into AWS
- Work closely with multi-functional teams collaborating on negotiating requirements, specifications, schedules, quality, and technical acceptance criteria
- Advocating for improving developer efficiencies and quality of life
- Work closely with Project Management, Operational and Engineering peers to develop innovative technical solutions that meet FTG’s needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability
- Partnering with Information Security teams on building secure architectures and systems
- Solution Architecture: Deliver solution architectures, clearly capturing the impact on the cloud gaming platform, services & teams. Ensure smooth transition of the solution from architecture to engineering teams for implementation.
- Architectural Artifacts: Deliver high quality architectural artifacts which clearly explains the solution, key decisions, and rationale behind it. Make sure that all artifacts are approachable, useable, and socialized with the target partners
- Architecture Governance: Develop, maintain, and discuss the architecture standards, patterns, and policies across the department. Drive their adoption and the wider enterprise (where applicable)
- Architecture Practice: Take an active role in contributing to the efficiency of the architecture practice through developing improved ways of working. Collaborate with other practices across to share and adopt standard methodology
- Collaborate: Build strong working relationships with engineering teams
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
- 5-7 years of experience with creating, implementing, and carrying out software architecture designs
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to support engineers with solving problems
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud Native Infrastructure
- Experience with Private Cloud and AWS Public Cloud Environments
- Experience with CNCF solutions and technologies
- Security fundamentals, e.g., AWS IAM, RBAC, security groups
- Knowledge of AWS concepts including: VPC’s, Gateways, AWS S3 storage, AWS lambda, AWS Availability Zones, Auto Scaling, CloudFormation AWS CDK, or Troposphere, SQS/SNS
- Knowledge of data stores: DocumentDB, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of message queues: Kafka/MSK/Kinesis
- Logging Monitoring & Alerting best practices
- Programming Languages: Java, C++, or Python, TypeScript
- CI/CD Pipelines: Jenkins, Gitlab, etc.
- Testing Best Practices: Load Testing, Chaos Testing, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to solicit buy-in from all levels of the organization
- Experience with collaboration in a distributed team across multiple time zones
- High energy and driven to positively impact the business
- Being a Contributor to Open-Source Software is a plus
- Willingness to dive into source code when needed
- AWS Architecture Certification
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.