Staff Software Engineer, Graphics - Unpublished R&D Product
3 days ago
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer within Research & Development, you are armed with a wealth of knowledge on the intricacies of 3D rendering and games. You will work in a small team alongside a product lead and designers to answer fundamental product questions to build experiences that will fulfill our players’ impossible dreams. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the project.
- Implement and maintain customized scriptable render pipeline in Unity
- Setting the strategic direction for use of Texturing, VFX, Lighting and Meshes
- Own GPU performance, working to identify and implement art-pipeline optimizations
- Work with wider development team to achieve visual targets at scale
- Advise on best practices and new tools
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer in games or related
- Understanding of real-time rendering, graphics engineering and basic Texturing, Lighting and Mesh domain knowledge
- Experience writing C#
- Experience using Unity in a shipped game or commercial project
- Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Product sense, pragmatism, and player empathy in making tech decisions
- Have an agile mindset
- Knowledge in the following areas: Post-Effects, VFX, Animation and Profiling tools
- Experience optimizing render pipelines for mobile platforms
- Familiarity working and developing in a multi-platform environment
- Understanding of industry standard asset pipelines
- Understanding and developing content pipelines in Unity
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.