Staff Software Engineer, Gameplay - Unpublished R&D Product
16 days ago
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll drive gameplay features and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer within Research & Development, you are armed with a wealth of knowledge on the intricacies of gameplay technology to inject life into Riot’s exciting new games. You will work in a small team alongside a product lead, designers, artists, and other engineers to answer fundamental product questions and build experiences that will fulfill our players’ imaginative dreams.
- Identify, prioritize, and implement game systems and engine features in a new title
- Collaborate with product and discipline leads to identify focus areas, handoff points, and provide the best solution for the development phase
- Lead and contribute to architecture requirements, technical design, and implementation for relevant systems
- Help shape the technical direction and standards for the team
- As development advances into full production, iterate on robust, scalable, and performant solutions.
- Mentor other engineers on the team in all aspects of game development
- 6+ years of game development experience
- Significant experience with Client / Server Architectures and Server Authoritative games
- Strong knowledge of common game and software design patterns
- Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Experience working w/ Unreal Engine
- Experience working with both small and mid-sized engineering teams
- Experience with agile development
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.