Staff Software Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media
28 days ago
Job Title:Staff Software Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer in our Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads Platform.
Your role within the KingdomIf you want to create amazing user experiences using the latest technologies, then this is the right job for you.
You're an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units. You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward.
We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do, our lives are about more than work. We love games, and are obsessed with creating the best player experience.
* Owns feature development end-to-end including translating requirements to design, development, deployment to the production and alert & monitoring
* Strong understanding of team system architecture and design. Awareness of adjacent team’s systems
Skills to create thrills:
* 7+ years of front and back end work experience
* Experience with Cloud platform and technologies
* Experience with CI/CD build tools like Jenkins, Gradle and other similar
* Experienced in writing backend services using Java & SQL.
* Experience in designing overall architecture of frontend and backend solutions so that they work cohesively together.
* Focused on usability, maintainability and quality, building for the long term.
* Structured and analytical.
* A comfortable people person, able to make non-technical users feel at ease
* Able to see a user experience from the user's point of view.
* Knowledgeable about web protocols, application servers and web servers.
* A curious and fast learner who keeps up to date with changing technologies
* Motivated by challenges and new opportunities.
* Used to test-first development, UNIX environments, Git.* Have experience working with React and/or Angular.
* Knowledge of ES7+, TypeScript, Java 8+
* Has worked with CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS, CSS modules)