Staff Site Reliability Engineer
USA-CA-San Diego-Via Esprillo / 721
2 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
It is an exciting time to be part of SIE’s CICD and Cloud Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. SREs operate right at the intersection of Software Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering. The SRE team strives to make PlayStation highly reliable, scalable, operable and secure throughout the entire platform.
As a member of the CICD and Cloud Reliability team you’ll work at the heart of the PlayStation Network to make sure we have a high-performing platform that is also highly available and highly reliable. You will be part of a team that is execution-oriented, results-driven, and which enables service development by designing, building, deploying and operating cloud infrastructure and CICD services at scale. You’ll also be able to exercise your troubleshooting skills with the opportunity to zoom in on anything from code issues to packet loss in the network.
- Container and cluster design, configuration, and management using Docker and EKS
- Hands-on development of Infrastructure as a Service for AWS resource delivery and operations for microservices
- Solving complex, enterprise-level issues
- Collaboration across multiple teams of engineers to identify areas for improvement and developing automated tools to drive operational excellence
- Analyzing cloud service utilization and efficiency, then providing solutions to improve while controlling costs
- Constantly identifying the problems faced by our internal teams, then learning new technologies to tackle those problems while evolving our ecosystem
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years professional Site Reliability experience operating microservices at scale
- 3+ years hands-on AWS experience deploying, supporting, managing applications
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and in particular EKS
- Extensive use of automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible or Chef with obsessive desire to automate
- Strong development experience in one of these languages – Perl, Python, or Go
- Experienced user of one or more source code management tools, preferably Git
- Should have experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tools like Spinnaker, Jenkins, or similar
- Customer and peer relationship focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to partner across teams to inspire change
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.