Staff Site Reliability Engineer
19 days ago
Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
What We Need:
We are looking for a lead engineer who will support both our production and production-dev environments. Robust systems and interpersonal skills are required as you design solutions for a multi-datacenter environment and provide technical leadership and mentorship to a group of outstanding engineers.
In this role you will collaborate with network engineers, systems architects and development staff to support our gamers and the needs of the business.
What You Will Do:
- Architect and operate highly resilient systems in a multi-datacenter global environment serving game and consumer services.
- Develop tools for the management and automation of the systems and service infrastructure
- Define and implement standards that will impact systems, services and multiple software environments
- Provide domain expertise to internal customers on the full breadth of the development lifecycle
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues from both internal and external customers
- Participate in 24x7 on call support for our products
- Who We Believe Will Be an Excellent Fit:
- You are willing to work in a fast-paced and innovative environment with other highly skilled engineers, and anxious to grow and develop skills that will help make 2K the best gaming company in the world.
- 7+ years experience
- Proficient with at least one or more of Python, Ruby or Perl and a good understanding of code management
- Background in the architecture and maintenance of large scale distributed infrastructure that spans terrestrial and cloud datacenters
- Experience with LAN routing protocols, configuring network equipment and the ability to parse network traces
- Hands-on expertise in data center management (power, airflow, cabling) and an understanding of signal flows
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems(kernel tuning and system internals) and TCP/IP Networking Fundamentals
- Familiarity with Git technologies
- Experience with Puppet roles and profiles including the development of custom modules.
- Understanding of encryption protocols, authentication and intrusion detection
- A background of building CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins, TeamCity, or Spinnaker
- Resourceful at writing sophisticated SQL queries and optimizing queries and indexes.
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. The pay range for this position for applicants based in Colorado at the start of employment is expected to be between $120,000.00 and $150,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.