Staff Site Reliability Engineer / Cloudops
1 month ago
Games have a special place in everyone’s life. Our goal is to become a part of our player’s life that extends beyond the screens.
At our Crowdstar studio, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women. With our successful mobile game titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, Crowdstar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. As a team, we are hardworking not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside the game.
We’re looking for a hardworking and driven Staff Site Reliability Engineer. Our ideal candidate is an independent, analytically-minded individual with strong data modeling and software engineering skills, who shares our passion for games. In this role, you’ll directly work with multi-functional teams (product, engineering, services) to design, develop, and deploy data solutions for our game studios.
Note: This role is for a remote position in the Toronto Market
- 10+ years of experience in building backend services (Bash, Python, PHP, SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience with AWS, ECS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience managing MySQL, Redis(cluster,standard), CouchBaseDB, is a huge plus
- Experience building real-time and monitoring/alerting systems promethus, grafana, ganglia, nagios, cloudwatch
- Experienced with agile-type rapid development and deployment
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines from dev to production Gitlab, SVN
- Proven experience deploying applications and API services of Enterprise grade that scale to millions of users
- Experience managing hundreds of AWS instances, CloudFormations, VPC's, Security Groups, IAM policies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent, is required
- 3+ years as tech lead building highly available systems
- Can-do attitude
- Great communication skills and able to collaborate across multiple functional teams within studios (BI, Production, Ops, Art, Engineering)
- Ability to transform thoughts into written or visual form; ability to present
Nice To Have:
- Experience working within a fast-paced and fast-evolving environment
- Having successfully shipped mobile free-to-play titles
- A passion for gaming in general and mobile games in particular
All qualified applicants wil l receive consideration for employment. Glu is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace.