Staff Site Reliability Engineer / CloudOps
7 days ago
Games have a special place in everyone's life. Our goal is to become a part of our player's life that extends beyond the screens.
At our Crowdstar studio, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women. With our successful mobile game titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, Crowdstar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. As a team, we are not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside the game.
We're looking for a motivated Staff Site Reliability Engineer. You are an analytically-minded person with data modeling and software engineering skills, who shares our passion for games. You'll directly work with diverse teams (product, engineering, services) to design, develop, and deploy data solutions for our game studios.
Note: This role is for a remote position in the Toronto Market
- 10+ years of experience building backend services (Bash, Python, PHP, SQL, and NoSQL)
- Experience with AWS, ECS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience managing MySQL, Redis(cluster,standard), CouchBaseDB, is a huge plus
- Experience building real-time and monitoring and altering systems promethus, grafana, ganglia, nagios, and cloudwatch
- Experienced with Agile-type rapid development and deployment
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines from dev to production Gitlab, SVN
- Experience deploying applications and API services of Enterprise grade that scale to millions of users
- Experience managing hundreds of AWS instances, CloudFormations, VPC's, Security Groups, IAM policies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent, is required
- 3+ years as tech lead building highly available systems
- Excellent communication skills and able to collaborate across multiple teams within studios (BI, Production, Ops, Art, and Engineering)
- Can transform thoughts into written or visual form; ability to present
Nice To Have:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience working within a evolving environment
- Have shipped mobile free-to-play titles
- A passion for gaming in general and mobile games in particular