Staff Program Manager
22 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Program Manager
San Diego, CA
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Staff Program Manager focused on PlayStation Network (PSN) Core Accounts, Security/Fraud/Privacy, Identity and Sony Accounts. This role will be responsible for driving programs and projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. The candidate is encouraged to partner with a globally distributed cross-functional team (product engineering, product management, business operations, marketing, consumer support, legal, finance) to ensure product and operational readiness for market delivery.
- Collaborating with staff and management of multiple worldwide business partners to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines
- Owning the project timeline, task assignments, and leading schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and handling dependencies
- Portfolio management experience at enterprise level
- Applying knowledge for improvement of existing PMO process
- Identify areas for process improvement and initiate improvements
- 10+ years’ experience working in a program/project management capacity in a software development environment.
- Experience with Systems Development Lifecycle and Project Management Methodologies, specifically Agile/Scrum, in addition to Waterfall.
- Expert level experience with JIRA - ability to build custom dashboards, and understanding of how to manage as a source of truth
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills are required.
- Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and make good, timely decisions.
- Motivated, organized self-starter who can solve routine or complicated problems effectively.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize assignments to meet required deadlines agendas, action plans, and project plans.
- Must work effectively and professionally with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team.
- Must drive strategic decision making with senior cross- functional team
- Handle all phases of program from kick-off to market delivery
- Specialist in understanding of all related pieces of program & how they fit together
- Must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management.
- Bring clarity, calm and process to ambiguous, stressful and/or sophisticated situations
- Readily identifies platform and program risks and puts in place mitigating factors and communication plans.
- Must exercise judgment regarding if, when and how to escalate issues or drive a result including the executive level, often time resolves issues without partner concern.
- Ability to streamline program updates with appropriate level of detail and drive alignment at Executive level
- Must demonstrate effective leadership
- Experienced in mentoring junior team member and contributing to the continued improvement of the program management organization
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.