Staff Machine Learning Engineer
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Future Technology Group, Game Service R&D
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work.
We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation.
Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital
entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Future Technology Group are PlayStation’s technology experts. We develop
innovative technologies that push the boundaries of play, helping game
developers make the best games on PlayStation by creating a world class
As part of the Future Technology Group team, you will be working with small
focused project teams researching and implementing cutting edge technologies, and finding ways to apply them to our platform and services.
We are looking for engineers to develop core technology and conduct cutting
edge research in speech, audio processing, Image processing and natural
language understanding. Our focus is on areas such as text-to-speech, emotion
understanding, automatic speech recognition and 3D image modeling and
conversation understanding. We expect the candidate to develop and apply AI
and deep learning algorithms, conduct experiments to optimize performance,
and build prototypes. We encourage filing patents and publish research.
- Research and develop state of the art technologies
- Contributing to identifying and developing the technology portfolio of future PlayStation platforms
- Performing research and sharing information internally, in relevant conferences or publications
- Developing proof of concepts and cutting-edge technology prototypes
- Anticipating technology trends and applying these to improve our existing and future PlayStation products/services
- PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with 2+ years of professional experience or Master’s with 5+ years’ of professional experience or 8+ years of equivalent professional experience.
- Experience developing and applying machine learning/deep learning algorithms for audio or speech related tasks
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in speech/audio processing or generation technologies
- Strong technical background in Machine Learning, Math or Computer Science
- Strong coding and software engineering skills in a mainstream programming language; such as C, C++, Python, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with deep learning toolkits such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, or Keras
- Strong fundamental understanding of Machine Learning theory, architectures and cutting edge research areas
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team
- Experience with research communities, including having published papers at conferences
- Publications in top machine learning, speech, image or NLP conferences.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Expertise in digital signal processing technologies, which may include graduate study period.
- Familiarity and interest in gaming applications
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.