This job might no longer be available.
Lead Hardware Engineer
San Mateo, CA, United States
6 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Lead Hardware Engineer
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
If you like to:
- Drive electrical engineering technical direction for new projects in areas such as RF, USB and DSP among others.
- Mentor others and help them grow into better engineers.
- Design and/or review schematics, layout, assembly, prototypes, and production.
- Research and implement new ideas and concepts for PlayStation Peripherals.
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians across other areas to design and apply new ideas.
- Challenge other team members to push the boundaries of Play!
- Meet with existing and new chip manufacturers/vendors/OEMs to increase our peripherals' design capabilities.
- Take ownership of production schedules and be accountable for the work you and the team are working on.
- Present updates and raise risks to other teams and partners in order to avoid potential impacts to the projects.
- 8 years of experience designing and creating consumer electronic devices or 5 years and Master's in EE or related field
- At least one commercially delivered consumer product
- Experience dealing with OEM's and ODMs abroad or in the US
- Consistent record of acting as a technical lead
- 10+ years of total experience in the EE career track
- Being a lead or architect for multiple commercially delivered products
- Japanese and/or Chinese business culture familiarity
- A gamer :)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.