Staff Games Engineer
10 days ago
Founded in 2007, Lumos Labs is the leader in brain training. Over 100 million users have used our Lumosity application to train their cognitive skills, playing our games over 6 billion times. We are now applying our unique approach to building scientifically-validated, delightfully fun, and deeply engaging products to other aspects of brain health and wellness. We are incubating multiple “seed-stage startups” within the company, in areas like creativity, mindfulness, emotional intelligence, and more. We are building one of the premiere digital health brands and are looking for talented, mission-oriented people to join us on the journey.
Lumos is looking for a staff-level engineer to lead our games effort in a new version of our award-winning Lumosity application. We are re-imagining the mobile app experience from the ground up and looking for a talented engineer to lead all of the tech effort around our games. This includes modifications to the games themselves and effectively integrating them into a host native application.
- Own the architecture for how games are integrated into our mobile applications
- Design and build out our CI/CD pipelines for our games
- Review the work of our offshore team responsible for porting our games to new platforms
- Build out shared libraries to be used across all of our games
- Implement live game features, fix bugs, and monitor technical health across our 50+ live Unity, Cocos2d, and Cocos Creator games
- Build new game experiences alongside a talented team of designers and artists.
- Track record of shipping mobile games
- Experience with Unity, Cocos, or other game engine technologies (deep Unity experience preferred)
- Experience with HTML5 canvas/WebGL game development
- Experience managing automated build and deploy systems
- Experience with scripting - Python, Shell scripting, etc.
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting issues in live games
- Held a prior role in technical leadership (people management experience not necessarily required)
- Competitive compensation, including salary and benefits on par with later-stage companies and equity compensation on par with earlier-stage ones.
- The excitement and fun of the early-stage startup paired with the maturity and stability of a later-stage business with substantial revenue and company infrastructure.
- An egoless environment that fosters collaboration of all types. We have a culture of ownership, trust, camaraderie, and fun.
- A focus on sustainability - in our products, our business, and for our employees.
- A culture that values coming together and sharing our varied interests to illuminate new and inspiring ideas, all with a focus on helping our users make meaningful improvements in their lives.
- The opportunity to learn, grow, and bond with a tight community of co-workers based in SF, and with teammates around the world (NY, Portland, Minnesota, Brazil, Serbia, Ukraine, India).
- All of the perks that one would expect from a modern-day SF tech company.