Staff+ Gameplay Engineer (C++ / Unreal) [Remote]
8 days ago
- Design, build, maintain, and optimize gameplay systems for cross-platform live service PVP games.
- Contribute code on a regular basis.
- Own the game client and game server tech for our games.
- Leverage your experience to mentor and help other engineers improve their craft and improve our client and server tech.
- Help us find the balance between building fast and building right.
- Collaborate with artists and designers to bring amazing ideas to life and pitch ideas of your own! We’re looking to delight players, and we want your help.
- Be willing to wear multiple hats. Odyssey is just starting out, and we’re all going to be stepping out of our comfort zones to make the best experiences for players!
Qualities We Need:
- 6+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer in games
- 6+ years of deep and broad experience with C++ and modern game engines (e.g., Unreal, Unity)
- Experience in low-level optimization.
- Experience working on a live service game.
- A secondary specialty (e.g., graphics, performance, UI/UX, networking, or mobile development)
Qualities We Want:
- A specialty in graphics and performance for games.
- 4+ years of experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience working on multi-platform (Console, PC) game titles.
- Comprehensive health benefits worldwide
- An open paid-time-off policy with a two-week minimum enforced by the company. We trust you to take time off when you need it.
- Competitive salaries that value your experience and dedication.
- Stock options in an early-stage startup. We want you to succeed when Odyssey succeeds!
- Remote first! Work from where works for you! Relocation assistance is available to Waterloo, Canada, if you prefer working in person.
Odyssey is committed to creating an inclusive environment from day one as a studio. We believe that in order to make games for players around the world, our team should reflect our audience. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply!
We're a team of game devs striving to make games with large impact built by small and senior teams. We hail from the likes of Riot, Respawn, Blizzard, Digital Extremes, and others - and have worked on and led development on games that have been played by hundreds of millions of players.
We think we're a pretty nifty team, and if that sounds appealing to you, we'd love to hear from you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.