Staff Full Stack Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media
12 days ago
Job Title:Staff Full Stack Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
We are seeking a Staff Full Stack Engineer in our Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads Platform.
Your role within the Kingdom
If you want to create amazing user experiences using the latest technologies, then this is the right job for you.
You're an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units. You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward.
We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do, our lives are about more than work. We love games, and are obsessed with creating the best player experience.
Your role within Activision Blizzard Media
- Design and develop highly scalable, highly available and highly reliable Ads & Monetization platform that handles billions of requests per day
- Work with architects and other engineers to design and architect backend systems
- Collaborate with Product and peer engineering teams on cross functional projects
- Work with DevOps engineers to ensure operational excellence
- Genuine interest in working with and mentoring junior engineers
- 5+ years of experience leading the development of highly performing web services in Java
- Experience with NoSQL systems e.g. DynamoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment with Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Expert knowledge in Java, JMeter and performance engineering
- Experience with streaming technologies e.g. Kafka, Kinesis and Flink
- Experience in designing overall architecture of frontend and backend solutions so that they work cohesively together
- Great communication skills and a proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge and experience in CI/CD, test automation, Jenkins, Gradle and related technologies
- Experience with open source technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Google BigQuery
- Focused on usability, maintainability and quality, building for the long term