10 days ago
We're looking for a hardworking and passionate Staff Engineer to join Wildlife's Engineering team in São Paulo (Brazil).
As a Staff Engineer, you'll drive the teams to solve problems in distributed systems with ease. You'll also create bigger systems design, such as how to build sustainable, high-impact projects and how to ship things quickly and with quality, you will interact with global teams to make sure that your deliverables will meet the high standards for Wildlife, and you will interact with global product managers to help them to achieve our strategy. You'll play a fundamental role in making our games reach the next billion people by guiding and developing highly-skilled engineers and working closely with other engineers to improve our technology stack and ensure we have an outstanding engineering organization.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a "take the initiative" environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
About the team
The Backend Team at Wildlife is reinventing itself. It started providing services for the games' online features and has since evolved to provide a platform that leverages the best of our teams when creating, operating and distributing our games.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and to achieve that, we work with a broad technology stack and have an approach of being fully responsible for our systems, from their conception to incident resolution and troubleshooting in production.
We own several services that, combined, serve more than 1 million requests per minute. We know this number will only grow, and we're looking for engineers that can help with the challenges of developing backend systems that perform well at a large scale.
What you'll do
- Participate in and guide the development of systems focusing on your customer, whether they are players or other Wildlife employees.
- Guarantee the engineering team is creating the best solution possible.
- Teach our engineers and provide guidance on day-day tasks.
- Support the roadmap planning with engineering inputs
- Create PoC to do the kick-off of solutions
- Develop complex solutions
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- 5+ years of software development and solution design professional experience.
- 2+ years of leading technical teams.
More about you
- Team focused. You believe in influencing through developing relationships over-exercising authority. You always look for improving your team's health, for example, by balancing operational responsibilities with development.
- Technically skilled. You have deep knowledge about systems design and have built a career focused on studying how to craft, maintain and monitor highly scalable systems. You are happy when you contribute to planning and design discussions.
- Having the best engineers is key to scaling. We look for leaders that thrive when hiring the best engineers and promoting their growth. You believe in providing continuous, thoughtful feedback and in recognizing the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Experience developing and maintaining systems with a high volume of requests.
- Experience developing systems in the games industry.
- Experience developing systems in the ad tech ecosystem.
- Experience developing platform products.
- Business knowledge about advertising operations.
- Business knowledge about the games industry.
Wildlife is one of the top tier mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.