Staff Application Security Engineer
28 days ago
Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we'll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you're passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
Fortis Games is hiring for a Senior Applications Security Engineer to manage all aspects of the company’s application cybersecurity needs.
What you will do
- Own the Application Security technology stack and associated processes and procedures
- Lead overall application security for Fortis Games
- Help maintain our build & deployment processes
- Provide architectural guidance and leadership on best practices regarding security in software development, shared services, user interface design frameworks, high performance solutions, server side development, integrations, tools and technologies
- Implement and improving logging, monitoring, and alerting within our applications and infrastructure
- Implement, tune and help game teams understand the output from static analysis tools
- Collaborate with engineers, consultants and leadership to address security risks and provide mitigation recommendations within the Secure Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Perform validation of security controls to ensure consistency with compliance and industry standard methodologies.
- Perform hands on security testing of products and services to proactively discover risks and supervise them to resolution.
- Ability to understand business requirements and apply security without adversely affecting the desired functionality.
- Track project progress through project management software such as ClicklUp JIRA, Confluence and Google suite
- Build relationships with cross functional teams to execute projects on time and with high quality
- Perform audits and assessments to identify risk and create a remediation plan
- Build reports and communicate security posture to all levels of the organization
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and maintain project & technology-level documentation
What you’ll need to be successful
- Prior experience working on a Security Operations, Software Development or Application Security team (experience at a mobile gaming organization a plus)
- Expert knowledge with architecting and implementing security solutions into software development lifecycle (SDLC) and CI/CD pipelines
- Building and architecting build & deploy processes, infrastructure-as-code (IaC), and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience using web application security testing tools
- Experience implementing, tuning and helping software teams understand the output from SCA, SAST, DAST tools
- Define security test strategies for complex systems, identifying security vulnerabilities
- Experience with international security and privacy requirements such as GDPR
- Understanding of common security flaws, CWEs
- Knowledge of automated attack tools and developing mitigation techniques
- Firm understanding of enterprise class application architectures that are highly scalable and reliable and the expertise to secure them
- Analyzing critical parts of the codebase with the ability to define and review high risk code for vulnerabilities
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.