Burnaby, British Columbia
14 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for an experienced and tech-savvy Staff Accountant to join our growing operations team. Reporting directly to the Controller, this will be a great opportunity to put your existing knowledge and skills to use in a fun and dynamic work environment, while also being given continuous opportunities for ongoing learning and development.
- Bookkeeping and digital record keeping
- Month end reconciliations and journal entries
- Timely payment of accounts payable
- Timely preparation of monthly financial reports, as well as ad hoc reports to support management's needs
- Prepare and maintain the operational budget
- Preparation and filing of GST, PST, EHT and WorkSafeBC returns
- Payroll preparation, including preparation of ROEs
- Enter and maintain employee benefits
- Responsible for cash management
- Correspondence with government bodies such as the CRA, Service Canada, etc., and preparation of required documentation as needed
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Post-secondary education in accounting or related field
- Strong proficiency in QuickBooks Online
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting, specifically accounting standards for private companies
- Understanding of the audit process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible and able to work in a constantly changing environment
- Tech-savvy and eager to learn new things
- Ability to maintain a high standard of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently but as an integral member of our team, often needing to collaborate with other departments to ensure their needs are met
- CPA designation (ideally 2-3 years' post-designation)
- Experience with Hubdoc
- Payroll experience
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.