9 days ago
PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer and operator of award-winning free-to-play casual games for mobile and social platforms. The company’s collection of original and published titles is powered by its groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty marketing platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from a portfolio of global entertainment, retail, technology, travel, leisure, and gaming brands across 17 countries and four continents. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS brings together beautifully designed mobile gaming content with an innovative loyalty platform in order to provide its players with an unequaled entertainment experience and its partners with actionable business insights. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit playstudios.com
PLAYSTUDIOS is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant for the Finance team in our Las Vegas studio. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and assist with the accounting operations of the Company.
- Prepare routine and non-routine journal entries to ensure proper recognition of accounts for corporate and foreign subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of assigned accounts.
- Perform various accounting functions related to daily business and banking activity.
- Respond to information requests and support internal teams.
- Assist in corporate areas such as registrations, insurances, and tax information.
- Prepare periodic state & local tax filings and other compliance reporting, as needed.
- Contribute to the development and documentation of key processes and controls.
- Assist with coordination of external audits of consolidated company and stand-alone subsidiary audits.
- Perform all other duties as assigned with a high quality of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- Knowledgeable of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and best practices.
- 2+ years of progressive accounting experience, public or corporate accounting preferred.
- Experience with accounting systems and knowledge of the month-end close process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently and demonstrate strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% health benefit coverage for you and your dependents!
- Performance-based bonuses.
- 401K plan and stock options.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events.
- Snacks and drinks are available in the kitchen.
- Casual work environment.
- An open, collaborative workspace.
- Commuter benefits program.
- *** During COVID 19 we are currently working from home
PLAYSTUDIOS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.