14 days ago
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage Artists from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
See why we’ve been certified by Great Place to Work and GamesIndustry.biz .
This is a Full-Time position available in Orlando, FL.
Iron Galaxy is hiring a Staff Accountant who will be responsible for supporting accounting and financial related activities with a large focus on fixed assets and prepaid schedules. The accountant will keep track of assets from the moment they were purchased by the company up to the time they are disposed of or sold while maintaining databases and schedules for annual audit.
The Staff Accountant position will also assist with AP/AR, credit card entry, account reconciliations, and general ledger accounting. You will work closely with our Controller to ensure the accurate and timely distribution of financial and management reports. The applicant should be detail-oriented, possess a high degree of accuracy, and work well with others.
- Perform professional level accounting duties according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconcile general ledger accounts and assist with all accounting functions.
- Accounts payable review and entry, expense account review, and posting entries.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system and book all corresponding depreciation entries.
- Find the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Maintain system for capital accruals and work with project managers to ensure completion estimates are accurate.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sage Intacct experience required.
- Strong proficiency with Excel
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent video game developers with 60+ shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, epic remasters, and new experiences from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in the gaming industry to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level.
Safety Notice: This position requires some shifts to be worked onsite at the Orlando studio, with specific days of work from home granted upon request. When our team returns to the studio full-time, this role would be onsite.
At present, our studio is closed with a small number of Operations and IT team members maintaining systems and providing support. Some responsibilities during the work from home phase will be different when we resume daily in-studio work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.