Staff Accountant (Hybrid)
14 days ago
Salary Range: $59,000 - $71,000, pay may vary based on location.
Position Title: Staff Accountant
Location: San Diego, CA - Hybrid Work Structure
Employee Type: Full Time, Regular
ABOUT OUR STUDIO
Our headquarters is where the gaming culture and Southern California lifestyle meet, creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. Daybreak San Diego is the home of Darkpaw Games, creators of the legendary EverQuest and EverQuest II games. This is also the home of Rogue Planet Games, developer of the award-winning MMOFPS PlanetSide 2.
The perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, as well as on-site fitness classes, game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that make working at Daybreak (San Diego) exciting! Working here is about being part of a community.
Find out more about our studio at www.daybreakgames.com.
Summary of Job:
- Participate in the month-end closing process by posting journal entries to the general ledger.
- Prepare daily receivable journal entries and cash reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and account analysis.
- Prepare royalty reports and maintain related account analysis.
- Maintain supporting documentation for account balances.
- Prepare monthly royalty invoices and record cash collections.
- Assist with fixed asset additions, disposals, monthly depreciation and related account analysis.
- Assist with preparing sales and VAT tax returns.
- Review, recommend and implement accounting procedure changes and perform special projects as requested.
- Prepare requests for external auditors.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required, assigned, and directed.
- Cross-train in areas as needed.
- Must have Accounting degree.
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot-Tables, lookups, etc.).
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience a strong plus.
- Well-developed communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple priorities and strict deadlines.
We invite you to get in the game with us and help us make exciting experiences!
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Daybreak Game Company LLC is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for blockbuster hits and franchises such as DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, EverQuest®, and Dungeons and Dragons Online®, Daybreak creates, develops, and provides compelling online entertainment for millions of gamers worldwide. We are the game publisher for Darkpaw Studios, Rogue Planet Gaming Studio, Dimensional Ink Games, and Standing Stone Games. To top it off, we are making games in three of the coolest cities in the United States: San Diego, Austin, and Boston. We make games that bring people together and build lasting communities and are totally devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience! Find out more about our company at www.daybreakgames.com.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants for social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company’s People & Culture team at email@example.com if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
**Daybreak Game Company, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.