Staff Accountant - Billing Specialist
16 days ago
Linden Research, Inc. dba Linden Lab develops platforms that empower people to create, share, and benefit from virtual experiences. Founded in 1999, the company first launched Second Life, the groundbreaking virtual world enjoyed by millions around the globe, in 2003, which has since gone on to boast nearly two billion user creations and a vibrant $500 million (USD) economy. For more about Linden Lab, visit its website. Tilia Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linden Research, Inc., and a licensed money transmitter in the U.S. Tilia Pay enables publishers of video games and virtual worlds to create in-world economies and monetize user interaction. Built from the ground up to be robust, flexible, and secure, Tilia Pay powers virtual economies of leading and cutting-edge publishers with hundreds of millions of dollars in circulation.
Linden Lab is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant - Billing Specialist to join it’s growing team. The Staff Accountant - Billing Specialist will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation, filing and submission of various financial regulatory reports, and report directly to the Director of Accounting.
Manage month-end close and full-cycle AR, preparation of financial statements and reports, reconciliations, regulatory reporting, assist with external audits and other ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Maintain the billing system and resolve billing disputes with clients.
- Generate invoices, account statements, AR aging, and AR reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly close and exposure to revenue accounting.
- Ensure accurate recording of all revenue-related transactions in accordance with US GAAP.
- Work closely with legal, compliance, and data teams on matters pertaining to money transmitter license reporting, including producing monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial and management reports.
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory examinations.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity of financial data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills is required.
- Demonstrated analytical and advanced Excel skills.
- Proven track record as a self-starter with the ability to multitask and prioritize numerous projects as needed.
- Facility for operating independently and collaboratively in teams.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication and writing skills; comfortable with presentations to regulatory authorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent training and experience.
- 5+ years professional experience in accounting and finance.
- Proficiency with accounting and FP&A systems (preferably Netsuite and Adaptive Planning).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Work experience in a financially regulated environment and/or experience working for a licensed money transmitter is a plus.
No travel required
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Fine Print :
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.