Sr Web Developer
Montreal QC ca
12 days ago
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Sr Web Developer. The Sr Web Developer is responsible for assisting with all aspects of website maintenance; from developing one-off web tools to supporting, improving, and updating dozens of game websites for the NCSA Online Production team. You’ll work with our various cross-functional marketing teams worldwide and third-party web design and development agencies.
What you'll do
- Work with third-party web design agencies to ensure adherence to our web development guidelines and standards and proper integration with our content management systems.
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Assist with the maintenance of the deployment pipeline and process.
- Create site components/modules based on scope of project.
- Utilize third-party APIs to create dynamic user experiences.
- Collaborate with global teams to implement new functionality and features
- Perform day-to-day site maintenance of multiple web sites.
- Lead development process based on campaign for multiple websites.
- Stay current with web technology and offer technical expertise to improve our platforms and processes to stay competitive with the marketing of our brands.
- Work with European counterparts to document web best practices and web development standards.
- Suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems and functions.
- Supports and develops web developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience in web development/website management.
- Experience with web application frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc).
- Knowledge of using CSS preprocessors (SCSS, LESS, etc).
- Experience working with and creating Web Service protocols and APIs (REST, etc.).
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Omniture, or similar platforms.
- Knowledge of relational (MySQL), non-relational (MongoDB), and key-value (redis) databases.
- Experience in TDD and CI/CD.
- Familiarity with AWS cloud computing services/products.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development processes.
- Experience with multiple web content management systems.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple simultaneous projects.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with website localizations.
- A passion for video games and self-starter with a sense of humor
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.