This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Video Editor
19 days ago
1047 Games began with the simple principle that people should have fun while making great games. Bucking convention and driven by a passion to create the ultimate gaming experience, Ian Proulx and Nicholas Bagamian founded 1047 Games in 2017 in their Stanford dorm room. Their love for arena shooters of the past drove them to create Splitgate, a unique sci-fi first-person shooter that adds portal guns to upend the genre.
What started as two computer science majors putting portals into a first-person shooter for a project demo has evolved into a VC-backed company which has raised more than $120MM in funding.
At 1047 Games, you’ll find a permanently remote, dedicated team of top-tier talent from some of the world’s biggest gaming and tech companies who share our founders’ vision. Grit, ingenuity, a desire to have fun, and a start up mentality define our crew. We are currently working on a brand new shooter in the Splitgate universe.
You’re the right person if you are:
- A cinematographer with a desire to craft top-tier video content in gaming.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to balance art and science to iterate on content based on data and player feedback.
- Collaborative in nature and able to work with anyone, regardless of department or seniority.
- Flexible, dependable, and opinionated.
- Passionate about leading projects from concept to delivery.
- Able to adhere to a style guide while still unleashing your creativity into eye-catching and memorable content.
- Create and edit cinematic video content, including trailers, cutscenes, promotional videos, and more, with a focus on storytelling and emotional impact.
- Utilize your expertise in cinematography to capture compelling in-game footage and design visually stunning shots that engage and captivate the audience.
- Oversee and inspire a focused team of editors to push for top quality work that sets a standard for the industry.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the game's narrative and tone to ensure that video content aligns with the overarching storytelling objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including game developers, designers, writers, and marketers, to ensure cohesive and impactful video content.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality, consistency, and excellence in all video content produced.
- Direct gameplay capture artists to gather the content needed to produce high-quality gameplay videos.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies, and apply them to enhance video editing capabilities.
- A minimum of five years of professional video editing experience, with a strong portfolio that demonstrates exceptional skills in video editing and cinematography.
- Prior management experience.
- A genuine passion for video games and a deep understanding of gaming culture and industry trends.
- Strong understanding of storytelling, pacing, and timing.
- Proficiency in video editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere, Avid), sound design software (e.g., Adobe Audition, ProTools), and experience with supporting graphics software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite)
- Familiarity with color grading and sound editing.
- Understanding of aspect ratios, frame rates, conversions, & codecs
- Experience with live action filming and the standards of lighting, audio, and cinematography.
Portfolio or Demo Reel required.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Worked previously in the video game industry.
- Played Splitgate or other PC/console shooters (Halo, Fortnite, etc.).
- Streaming or video content creation experience.