Sr. User Experience Researcher - Apex Legends
14 days ago
Sr. UX Researcher
We are EA—the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles: Apex Legends, The Sims, Jedi: Fallen Order, Madden and others. But what does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
You will report to the UXR Manager to represent the users - in all their variety and diversity- and we value building that diversity of background & opinion into the structure of our team.
- Be the source of truth for mixed methods research methods, craft, and execution for a single studio
- Understand the game(s) you work on deeply enough to perceive and communicate the implications of your findings - you don’t need to be an expert on a game when you start working on it, but you should expect to play the game enough to become one
- Communicate your findings to dev team partners in ways that help the game better achieve their design and experience goals
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- You have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- You have 2+ years industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies across platforms
- You have expertise in research design, experienced in at least one methodology (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking)
- You can write and present influential reports
- Experience with statistical packages desirable
- FPS (1st person shooter) research experience preferred