Sr. UX Designer, Tools (PlayStation Stars)
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. UX Designer, Tools
Who is a Sr. UX Designer at PlayStation
You are a natural mentor, a collaborator, and a team leader. You can drive and inspire your team to deliver groundbreaking design systems, thoughtful interactions, and creative solutions to complex problems. You are confident in your pursuit of innovation and your ability to bring others to your vision. You think at an ecosystem level and enjoy the challenge of applying design to simplify complexity. You have excellent intuition but also understand the performance and business implications of your decisions.
You have an appetite for the opportunity to enable innovative experiences that delight millions of users in one of the world’s largest game and content distribution platforms. You value the opportunity to understand the perspective of game developers and craft tools that satisfy their unique user needs. You will work hand in hand with a cross-functional team of outstanding Designers, Engineers, and Business Partners to conceptualize, communicate and define the tooling system that powers all our experiences.
You will join our team, either in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district, or in sunny Los Angeles, and will become a part of the global SONY design community. A group that celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a distributed team of designers focused on elevating the standard of design across the organization and exploring state-of-the-art concepts and technology.
Join us. Be Epic!
What We Need You to Do
- Gain a deep understanding of the PlayStation brand, products, and services.
- Advance the overall quality and understanding of design thinking and execution across the team, while advocating for a User-Centered Design process.
- Mentor, lead and inspire designers to achieve outstanding work and innovative product ideas based on research and insights.
- Provide clear direction and timely feedback to the teams to ensure we keep moving forward on schedule.
- Maintain a forward understanding of design and technology trends and standard methodologies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, and Research in high-level strategic decisions to drive outstanding, innovative product designs and User Experience.
- Actively contribute as a designer to our suite of tooling products.
- Execute in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
What you bring
- BA/BS in Interactive, Visual or Product Design, Human Factors or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership role crafting interface applications, and/or web products.
- 7+ years proven experience building user-centered interactive designs.
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating thoughtful and intuitive interactions that demonstrate the ability to simplify and unlock the power of complex systems through solid design principles and a deep understanding of information architecture.
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical skills, and able to clearly articulate your concepts and their rationale.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.