Sr. UX Designer, Common Experience
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. UX Designer, Common Experience
Los Angeles OR Aliso Viejo (OC), CA
As a Senior UX Designer for PlayStation Partners, you will build amazing tools that empower internal and external parties to create and publish PlayStation software for sale on disc and digitally via the PlayStation Store.
The PlayStation partner platform supports the submission of product metadata, game content, sales, and promotion information required to publish PlayStation software. It is our goal to support all PlayStation game developers and publishers, getting their content to the consumers with as little effort and time as possible. This position will play an integral part on the Partner Platform Technology team, responsible for making sure we create a cohesive experience for all Partners by building a platform that is intuitive to use and anticipates our users’ needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will develop high level and detailed wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Negotiate design-related requirements and play an active lead role in the feedback and iteration cycle
- You will participate in UX research to gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change
- Communicate clearly and concisely through technical specifications
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Planning, UX Writing and Research, Senior Management, and regional business team members located around the world throughout all stages of the product cycle
- Ensure that the design vision is implemented accurately during the development process
- Collaborate with different teams to define platform standards and policies.
- Foster the defining and sharing of UX design standards and guidelines and consistency across team members.
- Determine the best design solutions based on user feedback and business goals and help to determine overall direction.
- Identify gaps and problems in partner platform and propose solutions
- Contribute to the design and development of the PS Partner Platform Design System.
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of experience as a UX/Interaction Designer or a similar role
- Portfolio of shipped work demonstrating experience designing throughout the entire product development lifecycle and understanding of user-centered design principles
- Expertise using industry-standard design/prototyping software
- Experience working with design systems at scale
- Extensive experience in designing compelling and quality interfaces for new and existing products and features
- Strong ability to champion and communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment
- Able to become an expert on your assigned products, gauge the usability of new products and features, and make constructive suggestions that aid in their ideation and development
- Strong leadership and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and able to perform multiple tasks under minimal direction
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints when designing for software platforms
- Understanding and experience with Human Centered Design Methodologies
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Attention to detail and proficiency in information design
- Familiarity with platform UX design standards and guidelines.
- Prior experience working within a technical environment
- Experience working on enterprise applications
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages is a plus
- Familiarity with the agile software development process is a plus
- Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries is a plus
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.