Sr. UX Designer, Battle.net E-commerce
20 days ago
Job Title:Sr. UX Designer, Battle.net E-commerce
As a designer on the Battle.net design team, you will help create and contribute to products used by millions of gamers worldwide.
You’ll be working on the Battle.net web, Shop in desktop app, in-game Shop, and relevant e-commerce platforms that our players rely on to buy products, play games, connect with others, and take part in Blizzard’s epic entertainment experiences.
We need team players who can thrive in a highly collaborative, rapidly changing, and multi-disciplinary environment. You’re someone who can manage both the work as well as cultivate the relationships needed to be an effective designer. You have top-tier communication skills, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and can think globally.
As a senior designer, you’ll also have a proven track record of creating and shipping multiple products in the technology or gaming space.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Understand what our users are doing and why – Analytics, competitive analysis, interviews, and research support
- Define problems and opportunities – Combine analysis of our user with business needs to form stories and plan solutions
- Create and show solutions – Strategy, information architecture (IA), wireframes, user flows, prototypes, feature matrices, and designs using tools such as Figma, Sketch, Axure, and Principle; you’ll be presenting and communicating your work across the organization and to other teams at Blizzard
- Collaborate effectively – Team up with other disciplines such as product managers, engineers, other designers, and researchers
- Iterate based on “validated learning” – More flowcharts, wires, and designs – often in collaboration with the research team
- Deliver and follow through – Launch ideas (e.g. final wires, detailed flows, error states, etc.) and assist in post-launch analysis including A / B testing
- Drive strategy – Strategize and drive the design of products and features with the right combination of creativity, moxie and energy
- Minimum of 5 years as user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar
- Previous experience as a UX architect with a platform focus
- Demonstrated track record in the e-commerce arena
- Knowledge and experience in defining high-level product design strategy
- Experience mentoring emerging design talent
- Experience designing cross-platform solutions
- Passion for games, with a pulse of the gaming market
- Experience working within Agile/Kanban development teams
- New show/movie recommendations… we are running low
Submission / Portfolio Instructions
- Cover Letter, resume, and a portfolio with examples of your design work
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!