Sr. UI Engineer
18 days ago
Senior UI Engineer Remote
1047 Games began with the simple principle that people should have fun while making great games. Bucking convention and driven by a passion to create the ultimate gaming experience, Ian Proulx and Nicholas Bagamian founded 1047 Games in 2017 in their Stanford dorm room. Their love for arena shooters of the past drove them to create Splitgate, a unique sci-fi first-person shooter that adds portal guns to upend the genre.
What started as two computer science majors putting portals into a first-person shooter for a project demo has evolved into a VC-backed company which has raised more than $120MM in funding.
At 1047 Games, you’ll find a permanently remote, dedicated team of top-tier talent from some of the world’s biggest gaming and tech companies who share our founders’ vision. Grit, ingenuity, a desire to have fun, and a start up mentality define our crew. We are currently working on a brand new shooter in the Splitgate universe.
What we’re looking for:
- A passionate engineer: You love to take on difficult, seemingly impossible technical problems and dig in to find creative ways to solve them
- A hard worker: You love to put in the extra effort, not because you are told, but because you enjoy your work and know the impact of finishing the tasks on hand
- A passionate gamer: You are a gamer who grew up playing games and can recognize what separates exceptional games from the average ones. You understand the mindset of gamers which enables you to create and implement features that will further benefit the game
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with designers, artists and other engineers to design and implement player-facing UI
- Implementing robust, modular, and maintainable UI components and systems within Unreal Engine 5 using C++ and UMG
- Actively participating in code reviews
- Identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks within the UI codebase
- Breaking down design mockups into actionable tasks
What you will need:
- 4+ years of UI engineering experience, along with experience shipping a title
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other equivalent education
- Ability to read, review, and write reliable and efficient C++ code
- Strong debugging, profiling, and problem solving skills
- An understanding of common UI architecture methodologies (MVC, MVVM)
What will also be helpful:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with supporting a live service game, delivering seasonal updates.
- Experience with a major game engine (Unreal Engine, Unity)
- Experience with UMG and Slate
- Experience with developing games on console
- Experience with building Materials (shaders)
- Experience with JIRA, Perforce, and Swarm
- An understanding of asynchronous programming
- An understanding of garbage collection
- GitHub with recent personal projects, even better if they’re game projects