Sr. Test Engineer, QA, Digital Avatars
6 days ago
We are looking for someone who is passionate about quality to join our Digital Avatars team as an embedded QA Engineer. Your main focus will be to test and deliver our ground breaking 3D character creation tools, while working closely with the team to give feedback and assess risks. This role entails collaborating closely with various partners across Development, Design, Product/Program Management, Platforms and Release management. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, like challenges, and have fun solving complex problems, then this opportunity will fit you well! Join us and help provide our users with a compelling, high quality suite of tools for digital character creation.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the development team to provide early feedback and test new features.
- Define and implement testing strategies for all aspects of quality for our 3D character tools.
- Maintain and improve test coverage using in-house continuous integration systems.
- Work with Product Management, Design, and QA Management to identify and validate requirements, risks and produce test plans.
- Coordinate testing efforts across various platforms to ensure coverage and quality on all platforms supported by Unity.
What we’re looking for
- Strong background in QA with scripting/automation/cross-platform testing experience.
- Experience in production software development, ideally with real-time 3D technology and tools.
- Strong communication skills, emotional intelligence, and a positive demeanour.
- Familiar with C#, C++, and/or Python.
You might also have
- Technical understanding of how digital characters are created and used in game engines like Unity or Unreal.
- Experience testing cloud/full-stack application software.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.