This job might no longer be available.
Sr Test Automation Software Engineer/Architect - Gameplay Services
1 month ago
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA's Digital Platform Gameplay Services team has a need for a Performance Test Engineer/Architect in our Vancouver Still Creek location. Our platform powers online features for EA's game titles serving millions of users each day. Reporting to a Manager Test Engineering you will work with performance testing tools, help shape all of our load testing strategies, architect and develop automation framework for our load testing needs. You with work with multiple engineering teams to ensure the product we bring to our customers are at top-notch quality.
- Create roadmaps and cases and gather requirements for performance testing and automation framework.
- Understand the load testing needs from engineering teams and translate them into features to build into our performance testing frameworks.
- Develop feature blocks to enhance the performance testing experience including environment creation, test execution, automation in results/metrics gathering.
- Work with multiple engineering teams to determine plans for scaling applications and performance test strategies.
- Solicit feedback from peers and partners to improve the design and architecture of systems based on performance and business goals.
- Direct and provide overall technical guidance on the performance testing strategies for live services.
- Advocate for a culture of continuous improvement within the software development and test disciplines for the software.
- A technical achiever who can determine technical strategies and execution in response to technology growth.
- 8+ years of coding experience in experience in one of Java, C++, C#, Python, or Scala.
- Expertise in object-oriented programming concepts and programming fundamentals (e.g., Algorithms and Data structures)
- Expertise in gathering and deriving requirements, translating requirements into concrete tasks, and writing technical design documents.
- Experience building scalability, failover, stress, and other non-functional tests.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies, CI/CD Workflow
- Experience working with Linux environment.
- A history of implementing software development projects.
- Experience with Jira and Perforce
- Experience with automation and performance testing frameworks such as Gatling
- Experience with SaaS and Cloud applications
- Experience with cloud computing technologies such as AWS EC2 with auto scaling and elastic load balancing
- Experience any of these technologies - gRPC, RESTful APIs, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, or Redis
- Experience working within the games industries
Don't Just Play It – Create It!