Sr. Technical Project Manager, Engine
Palo Alto, CA, United States
2 days ago
Machine Zone is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War , Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire . We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
Machine Zone is searching for a Sr. Technical Project Manager to join our Game Engine team. You will be working with the Engine Team, Game Production representatives and Art teams to document, prioritize, schedule, monitor, and communicate the team's engineering efforts. This role will work closely with engineering and operations teams throughout Machine Zone to create the next generation of games and products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in the process of gathering and prioritizing project requirements in collaboration with team members
- Partner with Key Stakeholders to set Product Direction and translate business strategy into a development plan
- Define, develop, manage and document project schedule/milestones, proactively drive project-related issues to appropriate resolution, and plan for contingencies due to project-related risks
- Provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance revenue goals against technical constraints to negotiate release schedules
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships which enable the group to look forward and plan out interdepartmental tasks with a focus on collaboration
- Manage vertical and horizontal stakeholders’ expectations throughout the development cycle
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager or Program Manager in software development
- Expert knowledge of production methodologies, including SCRUM and Kanban
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and can get ideas across in a clear and concise manner
- Experience in product development and guided products in different parts of the product life cycle
- Proficiency with agile tools, such as Jira, Big Picture, and Confluence
- Must have experience with one or more entertainment technologies, such as working with game engines, rendering pipelines, content creation tools and pipelines.
- Gaming experience, especially mobile
- Familiarity with DevOps tools, such as Git, Perforce, Jenkins, Sentry, etc.
- Proficiency in Python or another scripting language