Sr. Technical Program Manager (IT)
20 days ago
The Sr. IT Technical Program Manager contributes to The Pokémon Company International’s success by acting as the primary liaison representing the IT Business Applications Resource Planning Program between the business and technology team. As an IT Technical Program Manager within the Technical Program Management Office (TPMO), you will be helping us build and evolve the mission of consistency, transparency, and strategic business alignment. This is an opportunity to actively generate process improvements, provide structure, and establish procedures for a global brand.
What You Will Do
- Champion and drive Hybrid Project Management which blends traditional project management practices and Agile methodologies.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate user needs to support systems solutions that support overall business strategies, document system requirements, and develop business process-visualizations (flows, swimlanes) and narratives.
- Proactively identify technical, legal, procedural, logistical, and communication issues and drive creative solutions to address them and manage risk.
- Partner with IT Managers, Business Analysts, and other Program Managers.
- Maintain Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Program backlog
- Manage IT Program Roadmap.
- Lead Program Increment (PI) Planning and Program Reviews.
- Assist project managers to remove obstacles and escalate risks as needed.
- While focused on at the program level, the technical program manager may manage a one-off project as needed.
- Contribute to building TPMO processes, standardization, and best practices.
What You Will Bring
- 7+ years as IT Project Manager, Scrum Master, IT Business Analyst or IT Consultant with experience working with enterprise IT solution roll-outs.
- Solid domain experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions that encompass Finance, Supply Chain and Global Trade Management and integrations with connected systems
- Experience with IT project management for large scale, multi-million-dollar technology initiatives spanning cross-functional teams with complex deployments.
- Experience managing a portfolio of enterprise system software.
- Solid foundation in project management practices as well as experience working with Agile teams.
- Experience creating dashboards, road maps, and other reporting for the executive level.
- Familiarity with navigating in JIRA, Confluence, Workfront, SharePoint, Smartsheet preferred.
- PMP certification or formal education in project management is preferred.
How You Will Be Successful
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and concepts.
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You drive to clarity when faced with ambiguity.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You know how to get buy-in.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow-through.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.