Sr. Technical Product Manager, Templates & Tools
13 days ago
At Unity, we view success through the lens of Creators. We believe that by providing simple tools for real-time 3D authoring, that we can empower people around the world to create. This is a key role reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Management, Creator Experience. This role will work side-by-side with Engineering, Design, and Marketing within the Creator Experience team, and partner with organizations across Unity.
We are undergoing a transformation to reimagine our brand, experiences, and products. Simply put, you are building a best-in-class platform and guidance for teams to deploy in their products to ensure user success! Templates serve a very meaningful purpose for our users. In the Hub, it's how a user starts a new project - a starting point based on their desired outcome. It also serves as an onboarding mechanism for the Editor (and in the future, other products). In-product tooling is a major driver of onboarding success.
As Unity continues to grow and evolve, our strategy for templates and tooling needs to as well. This is where you come in! While the templates themselves will be created by relevant product teams, Creator Experience owns the governance (requirements/success criteria for aforementioned product teams) and platform (tool tips and tutorials packages as well as submission system).
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to defining the vision, culture, team, and processes for the Templates & Tools team.
- Collaborate with partners and peers and interact directly with our users to ensure we’re building an outstanding experience.
- Connect the dots. As a critical member of the team, you’ll provide insight and inspiration that intersects and brings together the goals and intentions of the product, engineering, design, and marketing colleagues.
What we’re looking for
- Experience working in the Unity Editor.
- The ability to clearly articulate (verbally and written) your thinking, process, challenge assumptions respectfully, and give and receive feedback.
- You know your craft and your strengths and weaknesses. You work with a sense of purpose, but without rushing. You are flexible and forward-thinking.
- You’re a phenomenal teammate. You bring good energy and know that we need all hands working together to elevate each of us.
- You’re passionate about growth. You’re not precious, you are resilient and you know this is about getting the right work into the world above all else.
You might also have
- Excels in a fast paced, dynamic, and international environment
- Previous experience working at a SaaS company
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.