Sr Technical Artist - UI
14 days ago
Cliffhanger Games is a newly formed Seattle Studio focusing on blockbuster action-adventure games and pioneering next-generation emergent storytelling beginning with Marvel's Black Panther. Join us to pursue your passion to build unique groundbreaking, and inclusive games that empower players to create incredible stories of heroic adventure. Become a foundational part of an ambitious, respectful and diverse team as we are looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join our team.
Reporting to the Senior Technical Art Director, you will bring your visual background and your systems design experience to the UI team to help deliver a next gen player experience. The Senior Technical Artist will work with a multi discipline team to ensure that our User Interface systems are visually stunning while also technically solid. You have experience solving complex systemic and visual problems, while also creating sustainable and extendable underlying systems to support the UI flow. The Senior Technical Artist will combine both visual and technical design experience to help shape and mold the Black Panther user experience. The position is remote friendly or hybrid, based in Seattle, WA.
- You will create compelling, unique, and industry-leading user interfaces together with Art Leadership, the Experience Design Director, Production, and Engineering.
- Design and implement user interface systems using the Unreal Motion Graphics system in partnership with the Experience Design Director and UI Engineering team.
- Partner with Graphics Engineering and Art Direction in the development of shaders, material systems, and other visual effects to support the UI design goals.
- Work with the Technical Art and Engineering Teams in the identification of technology requirements and performance metrics needed to meet product goals.
- 5 or more years' experience as a technical artist in the video game industry.
- Experience building User Interfaces with Unreal using industry standard digital content tools.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $126,700 - $171,700
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.