Sr. Tech Sound Designer [Black Budget]
27 days ago
We are KRAFTON – a collective of independent game development studios brought together to create innovative and engaging entertainment experiences for gamers across the world.
Since the release of our flagship title – PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS – in 2017, it has become one of the highest selling video games of all time with over 70 million copies sold.
We are headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, with regional KRAFTON offices located across the globe.
Our Amsterdam Office is KRAFTON’s EMEA Headquarters which covers the Europe, Middle East & Africa, and the CIS regions, with teams dedicated to Publishing, Esports, Content, Communications and General Operations. These teams support all local offices and development studios in our region.
Onsite, our Amsterdam Office also houses PUBG Studios which is busy with the development of an exciting new IP, currently known as Project “Black Budget”.
We are looking for a Technical Sound Designer with an innovative, problem-solving mindset. You will be joining an ambitious team of audio specialists and collaborate with other departments as you create, support, and extend our audio features and systems for our brand-new IP.
Please apply with a cover letter, resume and a showreel showing your technical skills.
Basic Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop game-audio solutions from concept to release using Wwise and UE5.
- Research, define, and document game-audio solutions.
- Track and resolve bugs.
- Support others with knowledge and practical help.
We are ideally looking for:
- Previous experience in the game industry in a similar Senior level position.
- Demonstrable experience with game audio.
- Demonstrable experience with using UE5 and Wwise.
- Excellent with Wwise.
- Proficient with game engines (preferably UE4 and UE5.)
- Proficient with Blueprints.
- Familiar with programming/(visual)scripting languages.
- Excellent communication skills & documentation skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Following is a plus
- A bachelor’s and/or Master's degree. Preferably audio-related design studies and/or computer science.
- Experience working on AAA projects / shipped at least one PC title (TPS or FPS).
- Affinity with competitive FPS games.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- An allowance to cover the Dutch mandatory health insurance
- 25 paid + 4 extra paid working days off a year
- Relocation package
- Pension scheme
- A commuter allowance
- Lunch allowance and a range of snacks & drinks
- Health and Wellness allowance
- Full assistance with visas and the 30% ruling applications when the candidate is eligible
More about our Amsterdam office…
Our office is situated in the Amsterdam Zuid area, a buzzing business hub in the southern part of the city.
Close to our office you can find a broad choice of cuisine – such as the iconic Market 33 Food Hall, offering vibrant social settings.
Also, nearby is one of the main public transportation hubs – Amsterdam Zuid train, metro, tram & bus station, bringing the city’s highlights close, be it one of the many museums, canals, parks, or culinary experiences you are interested in.
Likewise, our Amsterdam team reflects the city’s diverse atmosphere – being mainly expats, we currently represent more than 40 different nationalities, and we are still expanding our team!
We welcome all applications!
We are proud to have such a multicultural environment and we strive to create a safe, inclusive, and harmonious atmosphere for everyone to thrive in. We invite applications from all genders, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, and ages.
If this sounds like a good fit for your skills and experience, then apply right away!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.