This job might no longer be available.
Sr Systems Software Engineer - C++
8 days ago
Lead Systems Software Engineer
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Lead Systems Software Engineer like you with a passion for leading engineers to achieve technical excellence and driving technical teams to best-in-class performance optimization and stability. This role will challenge you to comprehensively learn EA’s Frostbite game engine and core game systems, and then drive improvements and extensions to these technologies.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent C++ coder
- Shipped game titles, preferably with console experience
- Expertise in concurrency, memory and performance optimization
- Experience managing a large code base with multiple simultaneous development branches
- Flexibility and desire to work on a variety of game systems, including physics, streaming, rendering, file systems and memory organization
- Great collaborative skills that support an open working environment
- Ability to drive great work from other engineers
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a resume.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $143,150 - $221,750
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $130,600 - $221,750
• New Jersey (depending on location e.g. Jersey City vs. Trenton):
º $130,600 - $221,750
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $130,600 - $181,850
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $130,600 - $210,000
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.