Sr. Systems Engineer
7 days ago
WHO WE ARE:
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
Take-Two Interactive is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Ghost Story Games Studio. This is an exciting opportunity to handle technical operations for an ambitious development team as they create their next awesome release.
- Own the design of information and operational support systems.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, system management tools, and hardware, virtualization, and storage related systems.
- Maintain security, backup, offsite replication, and general DR strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time of any task.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of availability for all systems.
- Monitor and resolve alerting issues for all infrastructure systems by participating in rotating on-call schedule.
- Monitor and test system performance for potential bottlenecks and collaborate to drive solutions and implement changes.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for studio related assets and domains.
- Understand current and future studio needs and challenges and develop solutions. Stay ahead of industry advancements to help guide the use and implementation of technology standards at Ghost Story Games.
- Work closely with studio development team, vendors, and other IT personnel to identify and help resolve issues with systems and infrastructure.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Industry experience, at least 3 years working in a similar role.
- Authoritative with both Windows and Linux (Debian variants preferred), including installing, configuring and problem-solving issues.
- Experience designing, building, and managing virtualized and containerized environments (e.g., VMware, Nutanix, Kubernetes).
- Practical networking experience (4-layer model, TCP/IP) including diagnosing, and remediating basic network issues (e.g., firewalls).
- Demonstrable ability to write and debug automation tools and scripts (e.g., PowerShell, shell scripts, Python).
- Experience building and managing configuration management solutions (e.g., Puppet, Ansible).
- Development and automation of highly scalable infrastructure in both cloud and on-prem environments using infrastructure-as-code principles.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies, dive into challenges and provide direction to junior engineers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with software development principles, including version control systems, Agile development methodologies, and automated CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Perforce, Jenkins, Git)
- Cloud experience, preferably in AWS.
- Knowledge of programming languages C++, C#.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 build and automation tools.
- Experience managing containerized environments (e.g., Kubernetes).
- Splunk experience with searching and dashboards, data ingestion/management, indexing and permissions.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical, dental, vision, pension plan, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.