Sr. Story Artist - Insomniac Games
9 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games Senior Story Artist is responsible for creating a visual interpretation of story through images and animatics that effectively convey scene structure, character, and emotional impact. As the Senior Story Artist, you’ll work directly with the Story Lead to create image sequences, the Design team to implement animatics, the User Research group to help guide usability tests and you’ll direct and provide feedback to external story artists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Illustrates script summaries
• Collaborates with the Story Lead to plan image sequences
• Creates thumbnail sketches and resolved images that convey emotions, actions, and locations
• Directs the work of external story artists
• Coordinates with audio team to record dialogue for animatic sequences
• Edits images and audio to create animatics
• Effectively applies cinematography principles and techniques to storyboards
• Maintains animatics to align with script, animation, and design changes
• Works with the Design Team to implement animatics in-game
• Coordinates story usability and comprehension tests with the User Research Team
• Revises animatics in response to user test results
• Shares animatics for review with project directors, writers, and animators
• Assists with creating marketing materials
• Other duties may be assigned
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong understanding of Premiere or FinalCut Pro
• Strong understanding of After Effects
• Proficient with Photoshop
• Comfortable working in MS Office Suite
• Strong storytelling abilities that feature character, emotion, and movement
• Practical knowledge of principles of filmmaking and animation, cinematic/camera language, acting, and staging
• Ability to work collaboratively, and present work in a clear and entertaining way
Please Note: This is a Fixed-Term contract with an expected end date. We anticipate the service period for this contract to be for 6-months.
If you are interested in applying for the Sr. Story Artist role, please submit your application, resume and portfolio below. We look forward to reviewing your work!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.