Sr. Staff Software Engineer
14 days ago
The Bethesda.net team is seeking a talented Senior Staff Engineer to provide technical design and implementation for our cloud native products. This role focuses on the development and managing the vision and implementation of our services ecosystem for both our internal and external partners.
This position requires someone with exceptional understanding of security, secret management, networking, observability, cloud, and software engineering. The ideal candidate will also have a proven track record of delivering services on-time and at scale that meet the customers’ needs. If you meet these requirements, we want to talk to you about building amazing solutions with us.
- Design containerized cloud application platform solutions with a focus on application concerns, including cloud-ready, distributed application architectures, migrating workloads to containers, development workflows, and integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines
- Infrastructure Operations and Production Support of container technologies and orchestration platforms
- Docker/Kubernetes deployment, configuration, scaling and management of containerized applications.
- Understand and define infrastructure to support new features and existing systems
- Ensure consistency with security policies, and best practices
- Support cloud-hosted systems in a 24x7 environment including troubleshooting, hot fixing, and root cause analysis
- Collaborate with other engineers, teams, and game studios to delivery high quality, complex systems
- Coach and mentor junior engineers
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years as an Architect or Staff Engineer
- 8-10+ years of experience as a software engineer/DevOps Engineer
- Strong experience in Linux and Windows server environments
- Expert proficiency in golang or comparable managed language.
- Expert at designing APIs and API standards.
- Experience with container technologies i.e., Docker, Containered, rkt, etc.
- Experience with logging, tracing, proxy, and monitoring dashboard tools such as New Relic, Splunk, ELK, Fluentd, Grafana, Prometheus, Itsio, Envoy, and Jaeger
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong polyglot development skills.
- Hardening, securing the Kubernetes cluster with monitoring and auditing dashboards
- Experience deploying and managing SQL & NoSQL DB ecosystem is a plus
- Experience and or familiarity with public cloud Managed Kubernetes services such as Amazon EKS, GKE, Google Anthos, and Azure Kubernetes Service
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Teamcity, Gitlabs, CodeBuild, Azure DevOps, etc…
Applicant Privacy Notice
ZeniMax Media California Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.