Sr. Staff Software Engineer - Revenue Growth
15 days ago
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you're part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, over 150 million people across the world use Discord every day to connect, hang out, and talk.
We’re looking for a technical, hands-on, and mission-focused Senior Staff Engineer to help scale our technology and revenue driving products. You will oversee the technical roadmap across our Revenue Growth org. You will work with teams across the organization such as Engineering, Product, Data Science, Design and Marketing to ensure that the technical strategy maps to the revenue goals of the team. Come help us scale our platform and products to directly promote the vision of multi-billion dollars in revenue at Discord.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with leadership and senior engineers on the team to build the technical roadmap for the Revenue Growth team.
- Partner with leadership on the product strategy and help support execution across the organization.
- Collaborate with staff engineers and partners across the organization to ensure technical agreement to other systems, products and vision.
- Use your technical expertise to constantly improve and ensure your team achieves extraordinary results at the high technical level we set.
- Partner with Product, Design, Marketing, Partnerships, and Customer Success to ship new initiatives that unlock revenue streams.
- Advise the leadership team on essential technical considerations related to ensuring engineering excellence and successful high impact key initiatives.
- Partner with leadership on strategic planning and improve our systems and processes while upholding our workplace philosophy.
Things we look for
- We're a multi-platform team, so it's important to have a solid understanding of the development frameworks and fundamentals of one or more of our platforms: web (React, TypeScript), and backend (Python and some Elixir).
- Led large initiatives from inception to launch.
- Experience building and shipping product features . Especially features for products at large scale or in real-time applications.
- Design skills are not required but you should be able to critique and modify existing designs.
- You view mistakes as learning opportunities and build upon your successes. You challenge yourself and those around you to continuously improve
- You have an eye for what changes can bring a product from good to great. You collaborate closely with product managers, designers, analysts, and other engineers to define great solutions to business problems
- You believe in solving a problem completely rather than simply shipping a solution. You operate autonomously on your commitments.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is ($252,000) to ($301,000) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!