Sr. Specialist, Talent Management (Performance Management)
16 days ago
Job Title:Sr. Specialist, Talent Management (Performance Management)
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Talent Management (Performance Management)
Reports to: Sr. Director, Head of Talent Management (Performance Management)
Location: Irvine, CA - Santa Monica, - CA Remote
The Performance Management team plays a pivotal role in accelerating the growth of our workforce and business, empowering managers to operate at scale. The team is focused on the strategy, tools and processes that enable our employees to deliver peak performance against business and leadership goals, and they drive the necessary processes, systems and culture to ensure there is an environment where employees can build the appropriate skills to improve their performance and where the company has the necessary talent now and, in the future, to meet its strategic goals.
As Senior Specialist, Talent Management, you will work closely with our colleagues in the HR Business Partner team for Blizzard Entertainment. You will help that team adapt (as needed) and implement the performance management practice for that organization of approximately 4,500 employees. You will partner with the sr. director and manager in talent management to define the practice for the entire company including building the tools to deepen our existing performance framework, competency development, developing new ways to assess, motivate, develop and retain talent.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable building strong client/partner relationships within HR and with business leaders. They will be adept at developing a business case for change, presenting to senior leaders, influencing across the HR organization, responding to shifting priorities, running reports, providing status updates to multiple stakeholders, and accommodating requests for support from our colleagues.
- Support the scoping, design, and implementation of goal setting, assessing performance, feedback and development conversations, talent reviews and calibrations and pay for performance.
- Prepare proposals and other documentation for HR and Executive Leadership Teams.
- Partner with and influence HR business partners to support the performance management practice including coaching them on how to design and implement the practice within their client groups, including potentially coaching business leaders and employees they support.
- Serve as a hub of performance management best practices within the business for HR business partners.
- Partner with Learning & Development, People Analytics, Compensation and HR Technology to develop and deliver training and job aids.
- Partner with Internal Communications to develop change and communications plans.
- Design and deliver learning materials to support the performance management practice.
- Bring cross-functional teams together to make decisions and operationalize the performance management practice.
- Run reports and provide analysis of the reports to senior leaders.
Player Profile Experience:
- 3-5+ years of experience in human resources in roles including talent management, organizational development, learning & development or HR business partner, particularly in a “pay for performance” organization.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience of designing and delivering learning materials for HR, leaders in the business and employees.
- Exceptional project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic business environment.
- Proven ability to work with numbers and data.
- Substantial problem-solving skills with strategic focus on process mapping, task management and execution.
- Track record of positive engagement with business stakeholders at all levels and at scale.
- Master’s degree in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, or equivalent qualification, preferred.
- Has ability to influence in one-on-one as well as in group settings.
- Is extremely organized.
- Is a natural coach and enjoys enabling others’ successes.
- Experience in technology, media, entertainment or similar industries.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.