Sr. Software developer - TV & Live Broadcast
21 days ago
Unity is recruiting an experienced Software developer to build innovative solutions for the creators across the world within our Sports and Live entertainment division. By joining this team, you will be at the forefront of developing Unity’s product offering with novel concepts to further empower creators of realtime content in the live TV and broadcast industry.
Ideally, you will have a background in software development, along with experience in developing tools and workflows for live streaming and broadcast. You will collaborate with external sports broadcasters and live TV production houses in the world to craft the next-gen interfaces for utilizing realtime content.
Our vision is to redefine and reinvent how users consume sports and esports content. Do you have a desire to reimagine how entertainment media can work? We would love to work with you!
What you’ll be doing
- Design and develop innovative solutions user experiences to unlock new Sports TV and Broadcast workflows for realtime content.
- Evaluate state of the art broadcast workflows and interfaces in order to design concepts for live sports.
- Collaborate with domain specialists, designers, other engineers and QA to create a highly intuitive and robust toolset.
- Defining specifications for interfaces and integrating with other Unity services and systems.
- Write clean, maintainable production based code and review application and test code.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with media servers, studio switchers, multi-camera streaming, live broadcast and production environments.
- Professional development experience with C++/C# and Python with particular emphasis on networking, low-latency video streaming, 3rd party software and hardware integration.
- Knowledge of building applications on Windows, Linux and/or Web with UI frameworks like Qt, Electron and/or WinUI.
- Previous experience with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in live TV & Broadcast.
- BS degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Broadcast/Film/TV Entertainment or related field
You might also have
- Experience developing Unity UI, editor tools and plugins.
- Experience working at a TV and broadcast studio with particular emphasis on virtual production and hardware interop(e.g. video I/O, genlock, etc.)
- Experience with esports; casters, streamers and love for sports (soccer, basketball, football)
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.