Sr. Software QA Engineer / QA Lead
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This role can be located in San Diego, CA or San Francisco, CA
- Work closely with internal teams where you will lead the quality workstream of a highly visible product, understand business requirements, coordinate testing activities, and communicate test results
- Promote QA standards and oversee deliverables for the team at large
- Partner with dev team to ensure test coverage and build test plans that help deliver high quality features
- Create, maintain, and execute test plans, test cases to ensure the quality of new features
- Passionate about Quality and strive to improve processes, generate new standards, and drive their usage within the teams.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- 5+ years of experience in developing and executing test plans and test cases
- Ability to identify and triage issues
- Shown experience writing automated tests in Python, Java Script or any other Programming Language
- Practical experience using development and deployment tools: Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading projects and collaborating closely with dev teams
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work quickly, productively, and independently in a fast-paced environment and as part of a team with minimum direction with strong work ethic
- Experience developing or testing a non-PC device (phone/game console/set-top box, etc.) and writing test code for a game console
- Knowledge and experience testing APIs and Service Oriented architecture
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.