This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Development Engineer, Platform
Wizards of the Coast
4 months ago
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
A day in the life of a Senior Software Development Engineer:
You will develop services, web applications, and SDKs to enable our publishing partners to create connected experiences for our players. You will work with developers who are building online games, supporting both client SDKs and diverse server technologies.
We are a full stack team and do everything from web to infrastructure and builds. Individuals frequently specialize, but broad familiarity is a must. You will be involved at every stage of application development from architectural design to production support. Come join us and help redefine technology and software engineering at Wizards of the Coast!
What you'll bring:
- 6+ years of software development experience in online services.
- High level of cloud infrastructure automation experience. Kubernetes and Docker are advantageous.
- Backend Service development at scale. You have led service design, understand a variety of databases, and have a working knowledge enterprise design patterns.
- Datastream processing. You have direct experience with Kafka, at least one stream processing system such as Spark, KSQL, etc, and a deep understanding of the Big Data domain.
- Game development experience on a variety of shipped titles, preferably in Unity or Unreal, including implementing services that rely on backend services.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.