Sr. Software Engineer- Data Platform
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
4 days ago
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
A day in the life as a Sr. Software Engineer:
As the Senior Software Development Engineer, Data Platform, you will build the services and systems that enable Wizards to collect telemetry from any digital product, and process and understand it. Wizards has a growing stable of digital properties and a strong need to enhance our capabilities here. This position will make a huge impact on Wizards of the Coast’s capability to understand and respond to the needs of our players. Our goals include making more data available to more of the business, reducing processing delays, and enabling approaching-real time analysis of telemetry to feed directly back into the player experience.
You will be part of the publishing platform, a full stack team and do everything from web to infrastructure and builds. You will considerably level up our team’s knowledge about data engineering and be a technical subject matter experienced in that domain.
What you'll bring:
- 7+ years of software development experience in online services.
- You continually improve your skills, stay ahead of new technologies, and always raise the standard for what is possible on your team.
- You have a deep background building data processing infrastructure. You have worked with a variety of tools and systems, including both setting up and automating infrastructure, as well as writing application code to process and react to the data supporting business analytics.
- Deep experience with at least one major public cloud and an understanding of the infrastructure for distributed applications.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment where you can work on a wide variety of technologies and applications.
- Experience with the Kubernetes ecosystem.
- Experience with large scale data stream system such as Kinesis, Event Hub, or preferably Kafka.
- Experience with data stream processing frameworks, such as Apache Spark, Flink, KSQL, or similar.
- Experience operating data services at scale.
- Enthusiasm for guiding and elevating the skills of their teams.
- Passion for Wizards of the Coast’s products.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.