Sr. Software Engineer
Bucharest 061344 Romania
3 days ago
Senior Software Engineer
Ever wonder what happens after you buy something from EA? That’s when our team’s systems take over.
Do you enjoy solving very complex data processing problems with emerging technologies? Do you have a solid combination of theoretical (computational complexity, statistics, and stochastic systems) and practical (web services, modern development frameworks) computer science skills? Are you driven to help customers solve their problems and take advantage of new opportunities? If you share our passion for the challenges of big scale, building cutting edge technologies, developing distributed applications that are easy to use and reliable, and forging the path on how serverless development is done in the cloud, then we may just have a role for you.
How do you know if you are a good fit for our team? You look at really hard problems as an exciting challenge, not a daunting task. You think about all the ways something could go wrong in solving these problems and see around the corners. Since the team shares your passion for building cool stuff, you will collaborate with your teammates and internal customers and share data-driven perspectives you bring to all the problems we face. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you get jazzed because you know this means you’ll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right.
We are looking for a senior software engineer to drive feature development for new internal quality services. As a technical leader, you will set the technical direction for the team, drive design, coding, and operational standards, mentor junior team members, and deliver designs and code for our most challenging projects. Partnering closely with the development manager and product manager, you will define the product roadmap and ensure it delights our customers.
EA has a fast-paced environment where we Work Hard, Have Fun, and Make History. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about building and playing games, and excited to come to work
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 8+ years of professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
Preferred Qualification s
- Understanding of web services technologies such as HTTP and REST
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems
- Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
- Experience with application containers
- Experience providing application hosting
- Experience with AWS, Azure and other cloud technologies
- Knowledge of Windows/Unix/Linux
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.