This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - C#, .NET
Orlando Florida United States
6 months ago
Software Engineer, Game Development Applications Services
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challengin. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
This is a technical role in the Game Development Application Services team and offers a recognized expert the opportunity to participate in the envisioning, designing and building of a variety of enterprise-level solutions to support Application Lifecycle Management for EA’s video games and central services teams. Your work will involve the creation of the solution architectures that will incorporate custom, COTS and packaged applications together with integrations with products such as Slack, JIRA, Perforce, GitLab. These solutions are built upon a cloud-first philosophy and use public cloud services from leading providers such as Azure, AWS and Google. Coupled with the power of the cloud, you will lead small agile teams to architect, design and engineer applications to support thousands of current users.
You will have the chance to work with game teams across the entire organization, including FIFA, Madden, Battlefield and Battlefront, and central teams such as Frostbite and Origin. You have a focus on innovation and use a deep technical background and experience. You will contribute to the roadmap, architecture and technical and business delivery of multiple software applications.
Enterprise-level solution experience:
- You will contribute across an entire project lifecycle, which includes gathering requirements from key technical leaders, creating a vision and strategy, presenting to leadership, developing the product roadmap, ensuring projects are on track and completed on time, managing communication with all stakeholders, and collaborating with the development team
- You will participate in the proposed service end-to-end, including design, implementation, support, vendor relations and customer interaction
- You will manage the relationship with vendors if applicable, including sourcing, evaluation, and escalation
Coding , language, architectural design, testing and support:
- Develop solutions as part of the game development application services portfolio that are modular, portable, testable and reliable
- Drive usage of coding best practices and standards; Participates in code reviews and provides constructive feedback on design and implementation to help others improve coding skills
- Oversee support and administrative actions related to the installation and maintenance of production systems, while also engineering solutions that require minimal support
- Leverage the cloud where appropriate, utilizing automation, cloud computing and configuration as code
Job qualifications and requirements
- 8+ years of experience developing enterprise level solutions
- 7+ years of source control management experience including advanced concepts like branching strategies and developer workflows
- 7+ years of experience with enterprise SDLC/ALM tools, such as JIRA, Perforce, Artifactory, and Jenkins
- 7+ years of experience with automated build pipelines, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- 7+ years of experience in database development
- 3+ years of experience with virtualization and cloud platforms (e.g. VMware, Azure, or AWS); Preferred AWS or Azure certifications
- Good understanding of various project management models (specifically Agile)
- Experience developing automation solutions using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform is an asset
- Experience in container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes is an asset
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is an asset