Sr. Software Engineer
5 days ago
Job Posting TitleSr. Software Engineer
SummaryOur Reno-based Biggest Little Studio is looking for an experienced and self-motivated Sr. Software Engineer with an advanced understanding and utilization of C++ / C#. The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for analyzing, coding, writing, and running unit tests, and debugging complex service-oriented systems. You will work with Software Architects, Product Managers, product developers, subject matter experts, technical support team members and others on game design and development.
What you'll do
- The role includes estimation, design, and development, ensuring that good quality software is delivered, timelines are met, and any issues found are promptly fixed without any side effects.
- Assists other developers with the design of various software components, applications, and services
- Works with other staff, local and external, to develop code that adheres to the written specifications
- Participates in peer reviews of code design and written code as assigned.
- Documents new/modified code, and develops/automates unit and integration tests to verify the changes
- Analyzes existing software to debug and troubleshoot field issues that may arise
- Participates as required in process improvement initiatives.
- Encourage technical development of other engineers via training and mentorship.
- All other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- Casino gaming development experience preferred.
- Advanced understanding and utilization of C++ / C#
- 7+ years of development experience with an emphasis on working with a team, and on time deliverables
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field is required
- Software development experience with object-oriented design.
- Knowledge and implementation of software engineering best practices
- Must possess good analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
- Experience with the full product development lifecycle from inception to release
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written, communication, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates an extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and be team oriented.
- Ability to estimate project effort and timelines for features
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.